Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Laughing, not angry today :-)

Just to show my lovely readers that I am not always a miserable old moaner, I'll share something that made me smile today.

International yachtswoman Dee Caffari is currently competing in the Vendee Globe round the world yacht race. Before she started, it seems her shore team planned some surprises for her to cheer her up.

According to a report I read in the Daily Mail today, they have hidden naked photos of themselves around the boat for her to find.

Sailing for me these days, mostly goes no further than a race around the cans in Chichester Harbour in my Laser dinghy. If I capsize or get wet and cold, I can look forward to a hot shower and a drink in the sailing club bar when I get back.

If I was a thousand miles from anywhere hospitable, being thrown around a boat in 30 foot or more waves and freezing cold, I'm not sure that even naked pics of Daniel Craig would make me feel better.

Fortunately, from what I am reading, Dee is now in warmer waters and shedding layers of oilskins for shorts and bikini top. Now I am envious!

I also spent a few months working as a watch team member for the last Velux 5 Oceans race and heard plenty about bad weather from the competitors including Robin Knox-Johnston, Mike Golding and Alex Thompson.

Well done Dee, go girl! I'll be watching you via your diary feeds and the Aviva website.

I had to look hard to find the right news item, but here it is!

http://www.avivaoceanracing.com/index.asp?pageid=45&newsid=181

0 comments: